Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crock-pot Freezer Meals

 
I was on pintrest the other day and saw a link for freezer meals. You prepare the meals beforehand and put them in the freezer Then when you are ready to eat them you pull them out and stick them in the crock-pot. It sounds like a great idea for when the baby comes. I went shopping today and decided to try it out for the next week or so. If the meals are good then I will make another big batch in a month or so. That way when the baby comes I will have a freezer stocked with meals. I made a crazy shopping list with meats and veggies. I had seen in the Albertson's add that chicken was on sale for $1.67/lb and when I got to the store pork was that price too! I have never seen pork for that price and yes, I bought a ton of pork. I spent about $17.00 on meat and I have enough for 12 meals. Smokin' deal! Here are the meals I made.

Chicken Alfredo
Cream of Mushroom Chicken
Tariyaki Chicken
Orange Chicken
BBQ Chicken
Pork Stew (2 meals)
Apple Pork Chops (2 meals)
Pork Roast and Potatoes

I only had a few pork meals planned so I also have 1 ½ pork roasts left for 3 more meals. Preparing the meals took 1 1/2 hours and I have 10 meals completely ready for the crock-pot. The real test will be over the next week or two when I find out how they taste! If they are good then I might do a follow-up post with the recipes.





5 comments:

  1. That is a smokin deal! I have similar "crockpot frozen meals" pinned, and I keep meaning to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes Camille, cuz if they're good then I'll do the samething! Love you and hope all is well! Can't wait to see you next weekend. Love, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried your meals yet? Would love to hear how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just started doing the "freezer to crock pot" meals, I haven't tried any of mine yet, but I am excited to! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked most of the meals. I would say the ones I did not like are the ones that had broccoli in them. I had cut fresh broccoli for the alfredo and tariyaki chicken. The broccoli was mushy and smelled bad. Broccoli does not slow cook well! My favorite was the Apple pork chops and the BBQ chicken.

    ReplyDelete