For the last few months, when people hear that I am pregnant they all tend to think I do not look very far along. Lucky me right? It is a compliment not to look pregnant while pregnant right? Well, that all changed over the last few weeks. My baby bump really popped. Although it is fun for the baby to be growing and for me to start looking pregnant, it was not so much fun to pop out so fast. I have had really bad muscle pain in my abs and back (which I have heard happens to a lot of women with their first pregnancy). Two weeks ago, I tore a muscle in my back. I wasn't sure what was wrong, but I knew I was in a lot of pain. After a stressful night in the hospital, my doctor said I was not having contractions, not passing kidney stones, my appendix was fine, and that it was just a torn muscle. Bed rest time! Although it sounds nice and relaxing, it is not easy to just lay around in pain. It was hard to not go to work, and to rely on others for everything. I am back on my feet now, and feeling much better. Lesson learned: There is a reason pregnant ladies should take it easy, even if you feel like a rockstar in your 2nd trimester.
Me at 26 weeks, him at almost 25... getting closer to meeting this boy!
One of the perks to having that back trouble was that I got to have another ultrasound and see this little guy. I think he has the cutest profile ever! I can't wait for my 3D ultrasound in a month or so. Despite a rough week, I am loving pregnancy. This baby is so much fun right now. He squirms around ALL the time. Sometimes, Rob can even see my belly move (kind of creepy looking, just try not to think of the movie Alien). I am grateful that it was just a torn muscle and not anything too serious. I feel so blessed to have this healthy active baby on the way.
Sorry you had to be on bed rest. I was put on bed rest for a week and it was no fun. Glad your doing better now.
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest little Momma ever! His profile is so cute in this ultrasound! I'm glad you are finally on the mend. Love ya
ReplyDelete